COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
On-Campus O-Week Social Media Explosion 2018
- Participating in this competition constitutes an acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The “Promoter” is James Cook University, 1 James Cook Drive, Townsville, Qld 4811. ABN 46 253 211 955.
- Entries may be submitted between Saturday, 10 February 2018 and Sunday 18 February 2018.
- Social media posts including the three hashtags of #JCUlife, #experienceJCU and one of the following #RotaryInternationalHouse #SaintsCollege #UniHallJCU #Western Courts #JohnFlynnCollege #GeorgeRobertsHall #JohnGreyHall will be deemed as one entry for the JCU Hall or College referenced.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- Entries that depict hazing, excessive alcohol consumption, nudity, sexual deviance, inappropriate language, drug use, illegal behaviour or include any of these things in the background and/or bring the reflected Hall, College or James Cook University into disrepute will be disqualified and the originator may face additional disciplinary action.
- The winner will be the JCU Hall or College that has the highest percentage of posts to student ratio in the promotion period.
- The winning college will be notified by telephone and via email on Monday February 19 at 4.30pm
- The prize winner will win $200 to be credited to their Hall or College RSA account.
- If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
- The Promoter will use reasonable endeavors to contact the prize winner via phone contact within 24 hours of the prize draw. If the contact details supplied are recorded incorrectly, the Promoter does not accept responsibility for the inability to make contact with a winner and another winner will be selected and notified as set out in these Terms and Conditions.
- If the winner does not claim their prize or is unable to be contacted by 10.00am, Friday 23 February 2018 the second prize winner will be notified via phone.
- The prizes are not transferable, refundable or exchangeable and cannot be taken for cash.
- The Promoter’s decisions as to the winner of the prize is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the conduct of the competition or otherwise.
- If the use of a prize is subject to the terms and conditions of a third party (including validity period), any dispute in relation to those terms and conditions must be directed to that party and the Promoter has no responsibility for resolving such disputes.
- If this competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by the law to (a) disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition, as appropriate.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- To the fullest extent permitted by the law, the Promoter will not be liable for any death, injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or inconsequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize and damage to any prize in transit.
- Under theInformation Privacy Act 2009 (Qld), the Promoter must tell entrants when it collects personal information about them and how it plans to use it. If an entrant chooses to enter or take part in this competition, the entrant may be required to provide the Promoter with personal information such as the entrant’s name, postcode, email address, mobile phone number. The Promoter will collect and use the entrant’s personal information in order to (a) conduct the competition; (b) provide the entrant with marketing and informational material about James Cook University; (c) notify the public of the prize winners’ first names in accordance with clause 17;
- Without limiting Item 21, the Promoter will use the entrant’s personal information to place the entrant on the Promoter’s mailing list whereby the entrant will receive information about James Cook University including, but not limited to, course and event information and application closing dates. Entrants may opt out of the mailing list at any time.
- Images posted on social media using the above hashtags may be used by the promoter for further marketing activities.
- A request to access, update or correct any personal information should be directed to the Promoter. If an entrant would prefer that the Promoter does not use the entrant’s details in the way outlined in the Terms and Conditions, the entrant should contact the Promoter.
- This promotion is no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat.
UniLodge Win a Scooter
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- The prize is a new Piaggio Scooter plus helmet and on road costs valued at $2963.40.
- The promoter is UniLodge Pty Ltd (ABN 49 078 921 169) whose registered office is at Level 9, 82 Eagle Street, Brisbane QLD 4000.
- NSW Permit Number: LTPS/17/20041.
- To enter, entrants will be automatically entered upon confirmation of a 46- 52 week leasing period at one of our UniLodge properties across Australia for 2018.
- Promotion commences on 18 December 2017 and final entries close at 11:59pm on the 31 March 2018 (“Promotional Period”).
- A cancelled lease will be deemed as an invalid entry and the entrant’s name will be automatically removed.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its right at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such and offender are reserved.
- The winner will be chosen at random by electronic selection from all entries received and verified by Promoter on the draw date of the 9 April 2018 at 12pm.
- The winner will be notified via the phone and email address provided on their lease. agreement. The announcement of the winner will take place on the 10 April 2018.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- The prize will be delivered to an Australian address only.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 5 days of the draw date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 30 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and redraw a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Australian Privacy Legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party.
The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement
UniLodge is committed to providing a safe and secure living environment for all students. Click here to view the Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement, accurate as of 27/10/2017.
How To Make A Claim:
If an event happens which may give rise to a claim you must:
• take all reasonable precautions to prevent further loss, damage or liability
• notify the police immediately if any of your property is lost, stolen, or maliciously or
• tell Risksmart, our claims manager, as soon as possible. You will be provided with a claim
form and advice on the procedure to follow
• supply Risksmart with all information we require to settle or defend the claim
• notify Risksmart of any other insurance covering the same loss, damage or liability
• co-operate with us fully in any action we take if we have a right to recover any money
payable under this Policy from any other person.
Risksmart Claims Management Contact Information:
Address: Level 5, 35 Clarence Street, Sydney, NSW 2000
Phone: 02 9299 0767
E-mail: [email protected]